|Title:||MERN Developer Trainee|
Position: MERN DEVELOPER Trainee
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Location: Build Change project sites within Nepal
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, the Philippines and Nepal. Build Change has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 74 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people.
Build Change is seeking engineering interns to participate in its technical assistance and training programs in Nepal. We offer an opportunity for students to gain hands-on experience in design, supervision and project management in international disaster response/disaster risk reduction programs. Build Change is flexible for the term and start date of the internship, but requires a minimum six months’ commitment
- Implementation of robust set of services / APIs to power the web/mobile application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- assurance of technical feasibility of UI/UX designs;
- Optimization of the application of maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Experience with modern frameworks and design patterns, Prior experience with MERN full stack paradigm
- In depth knowledge of Node JS, Express JS, React JS, Mongo DB
- Experience creating front end applications using JS Framework
- Good understanding of server-side CSS preprocessors.
- Good understanding of Database schema, design, optimization, scability
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Great communication skills, strong work ethic.
- Ownership of the product from start to finish
- Knowledge of software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), SCRUM and AGILE Methodology
- Knowledge of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience working with Dynamic form generator
- Knowledge of Redux, Redux Saga, ES6
- Experience with cross platform app development in React Native
- Exposure to Gulp, Grunt, Bootstrap
- Experience building responsive designs