|Title:||Human Resources Intern|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NONPROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Job Location: Based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to rural areas of Nepal
Start Date: Immediately
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, created more than 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for more than 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people.
Under the Line Management of Human Resources Manager, HR Intern will ensure the needs in terms of HR for all the mission in accordance with Build Change Human Resources procedures.
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide clerical and administrative support to Human Resources Manager
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (staffing, recruitment, training, performance evaluations etc)
- Scheduling job interviews and assisting in interview process
- Ensuring background and reference checks are completed
- Collect required documents to establish the employee individual personal file
- Establish new employee’s individual personal file with required documents
- Maintaining current HR files and databases
- Updating and maintaining employee leaves, employment status, and similar records
- Assist in preparing Identity Card, Business Card, PAN Card and CIT card for employees
- Assist employees for the medical and accidental insurance claims.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies / Administration or in the relevant job domain.
- Work experiences in Human Resources Department will be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Competency in written and spoken English and Nepali
- No ego, drama, or pessimism; the successful candidate will be flexible, humble, patient, and have a good sense of humor.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed daily and suitable candidates may be invited for test and interview prior to the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.