|Department:||Fund / Business Development|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Grant Writer
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund and Partnership Development
Job Location: Denver, San Francisco Bay Area, or the New York / Washington, DC corridor
Start Date: Immediate
Term: At-will employment
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change was founded in 2004 and began work in Aceh, Indonesia, after Indian Ocean tsunami, and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 25,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 48,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 245,000 people.
For the position of Grant Writer, Build Change is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented individual with a proven track record of writing successful grant proposals for an international non-profit social enterprise. The successful candidate should have documented success in researching, positioning, writing and winning grant and contract proposals for donors such as development agencies (e.g., USAID), development banks (e.g., World Bank), relief agencies (e.g., American Red Cross), and corporate partners. The successful candidate will develop a portfolio of grants and contracts totaling $500k in the first year, growing to $1M in the second year.
The position reports to the Director of Fund Development and works closely with the senior management team.
- Secure at least US$500k in grants or contracts in year 1, growing to $1M per year by year 2
- Perform grant and award research, cultivation, positioning, proposal writing for below groups of funders
- Agencies and development banks: World Bank, ADB, USAID, others
- Private sector corporate partnerships
- Relief agencies: American Red Cross, Global Communities, others
- Subcontractor roles with USAID and others
- HNWIs and family foundations
- Work with and prepare CEO, senior management team, and board members for donor meetings and other fund development events, and perform meeting documentation and follow-up
- Prepare and submit fund development pipeline reports and partnership tracking reports
- Use Salesforce, Constant Contact, and other donor databases and marketing tools
Go to www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.