|Title:||Blocks Production Incharge|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
POSITION: BLOCKS PRODUCTION INCHARGE
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Location: Candidates are expected to be flexible to relocate in various earthquake effected areas
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 27,850 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 42 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 12,300 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 51.300 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 257,621 people..
The main responsibility for this position is to oversee and enforce the production of high quality concrete blocks and other related products that meet and exceed minimum performance standards set by the Government of Nepal construction authorities.
- Oversee and manage a minimum of four (4) concrete blocks production plants, each with a daily production capacity of 200 blocks or more
- Check and ensure that the raw materials for making concrete blocks (sand, gravel, stone dust, cement and water) used meet the minimum set standards.
- Oversee and ensure that the concrete block maker strictly follows established production procedures of making quality concrete blocks. Such procedures include batching, dry mixing, wet mixing, vibration of the blocks and curing.
- Overseeing and ensuring that the block making equipment is at all times kept clean and oiled at the end of every day production.
- Overseeing and ensuring that daily, weekly and monthly production records are always maintained and updated on a daily basis.
- Ensuring that the blocks receive the absolute 14-days minimum recommended vapour-curing period under a tight polythene cover.
- Submitting randomly selected blocks for quality testing in Kathmandu
- Submitting monthly and project reports to project managers as directed
- Maintain the quality of the block production according to the recommended mixing ratio provided by engineering team of the Build Change.
- Control the vibration timing and curing of the produced blocks to maintain the uniform strength of blocks.
- Work Closely with Business Development Officer and Logistic Officer of partner organization for timely procurement of materials and continuous production
- Keep daily record of the materials received, block produced, and supply to the OJT site or homeowners.
- Utilize land effectively for laying of blocks, and stacking after recommended days.
- Timely request purchase for required materials to Logistic Officer and Project Coordinator of partner organization.
- Weekly report to Management Team.
- Diploma in building construction with specialization in concrete and masonry works.
- Working knowledge on concrete blocks production and allied concrete products in a factory setting environment at management or supervisory level.
- Data and record keeping experience.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Fluent in English and Nepali.
- Flexible, humble, patient and having a good sense of humour.
- Ability to complete tasks on a deadline.