|Title:||Laravel Developer Trainee|
Job Title: Laravel Developer Trainee
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Job Location: Based in Kathmandu, with frequent travel to rural areas of Nepal
Start Date: Immediately
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, created more than 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for more than 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people.
We are looking for a Laravel Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Develop a Laravel based applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Integration of data storage
- BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or a related subject (Result waiting can also apply)
- Strong knowledge of Laravel and PHP web
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns of Laravel
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP and Laravel as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with MySQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed daily and suitable candidates may be invited for test and interview prior to the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for test and interview.