|Title:||React.js / React Native Developer Trainee|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NONPROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
POSITION: React.js / React Native Developer Trainee
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 39,380 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, guided 74 organizations in using homeowner-driven design, created over 16,768 jobs and provided technical assistance for almost 58,328 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 304,440 people.
- BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Engineering or a related subject (Result waiting can also apply)
- Work with React, React Native to design, develop and debug web/mobile applications
- Integrate back-end services with React and React Native
- Work with mobile and server databases.
- Takes ownership of moderately complex tasks and drives them to completion.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of mobile applications.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to the problems & issues.
- Work with the team to manage, optimize and customize applications
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Knowledge of web and mobile databases .
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools