|Title:||Fund Development and Reporting Officer - Latin America|
|Department:||Fund / Business Development|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Fund Development and Reporting Officer – Latin America
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund and Partnership Development and Reporting
Employer: Build Change
Job Location: Negotiable – Bogotá or Guatemala City
Start Date: Immediate
Term: At will employment
Salary: Competitive, with emergency evacuation insurance, medical insurance and housing stipend
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs safe buildings, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change started its work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the 2004 earthquake and tsunami, and since has expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 25,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 48,000 safer homes, impacting an estimated 245,000 people.
For the position of Fund Development and Reporting Officer – Latin America, Build Change is seeking an experienced, innovative, outgoing, bilingual individual with a proven track record of raising funds, winning contracts, building partnerships and brand recognition for an international non-profit social enterprise. The successful candidate should have documented success in researching, positioning, writing and winning technical grant and contract proposals for donors such as USAID, World Bank, American Red Cross, UN agencies and others. The successful candidate should also have proven experience in negotiating partnerships with corporations, multi-laterals and NGOs and a prior track record of leading the development of a portfolio of grants and contracts of at least $2M per year.
This position reports to the Director of Programs and Partnerships – Latin America, with frequent interaction with the CEO. This position may be located in Bogotá, Colombia or Guatemala City, Guatemala.
- Secure at least US$1M in grants and contracts in year 1, growing to US$2M per year by year 3
- Develop at least 2 major funded partnerships per year with corporations, governments, multi-laterals, NGOs, or other agencies
- Work with CEO and development team to develop, diversify and execute Build Change’s annual fundraising plan for Latin America, and exceed fundraising goals
- Perform grant and award research, cultivation, positioning and proposal writing for unrestricted funding from foundations, HNWIs, corporations and other agencies
- Perform research, cultivation, positioning and proposal writing for program funding from partner agencies for Build Change’s program in Latin America; work with local staff to translate proposals into local languages if needed
- Work with the Director of Programs and Partnerships - Latin America to build relationships with partner institutions and market Build Change’s design services, technical resources, training programs, DRR programs, and PPP incentives programs to other humanitarian, multi-lateral, and non-profit agencies
- Write applications for technical/housing awards
- Work with CEO and HQ staff to identify and cultivate HNWIs with interest in supporting Build Change Latin America programs
- Prepare and submit fund development pipeline reports and partnership tracking reports to the Director of Programs and Partnerships - Latin America, CEO and Board of Directors
- Use and regularly update Salesforce, Constant Contact, and other donor databases and marketing tools
- Work closely with program management, structural engineering team leader and construction training team leader to produce on-time, high quality grant and progress reports
- Lead the development of success stories, promotional videos, and other fund and partnership development collateral and regularly interface with HQ staff for dissemination of such materials through website, social media, and other channels
- Work with HQ staff to update professional marketing packets aimed at multi-laterals, governments, corporations, NGOs, INGOs, UN and other agencies rebuilding or retrofitting houses and schools in earthquake-prone emerging countries
- Represent Build Change in networks and meetings with such organizations
- Advocate for Build Change’s strategic priorities and interests with governments, multilateral agencies and large funders
Go to www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Latin America are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.