|Title:||Director of Fund Development - Individuals|
|Department:||Fund / Business Development|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Director of Fund Development - Individuals
Industry: Non-profit/International Development
Function: Fund and Partnership Development
Job Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Start Date: Immediate
Term: At-will employment
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
Founded in 2004, Build Change is a non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. Build Change designs disaster-resistant houses and schools, trains homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them, works with governments to develop and implement building standards, partners with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs, and facilitates access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs. Build Change was founded in 2004 and began work in Aceh, Indonesia, after the Indian Ocean tsunami, and has since expanded to include programs in China, Haiti, Colombia, Guatemala, Nepal, and the Philippines. Build Change has trained more than 25,000 people on earthquake-resistant design and construction techniques, and has provided technical assistance for more than 48,000 safer buildings, impacting an estimated 245,000 people.
For the position of Director of Fund Development - Individuals, Build Change is seeking an experienced, innovative, outgoing individual with a proven track record of raising funds and building brand recognition for an international non-profit social enterprise. The successful candidate should have documented success in researching, positioning, writing and winning support from individuals and family foundations at all giving levels. The successful candidate will implement and expand Build Change’s fundraising strategy, with main focus on prevention or pre-disaster mitigation programs and unrestricted funding, resulting in the development of a portfolio of giving of at least $3M per year.
This position reports to the CEO, with frequent interaction with Build Change country-level staff and fund development team.
- Secure at least US$1M in support in year 1, growing to $3M per year by year 3
- Work with CEO, Board of Directors, and fund development team to develop, diversify and execute Build Change’s fundraising strategy for individual donors and family foundations, with focus on raising funding for prevention programs and unrestricted funding
- Perform research, cultivation, positioning, proposal writing, and hold meetings and prepare CEO and board members for meetings with HNWIs and family foundations
- Lead Build Change’s annual fundraiser event in San Francisco, and expand fundraising events to other cities
- Oversee development staff to produce appeals, newsletters, success stories, promotional videos, social media, and other fund and partnership development collateral targeted at individuals
- Prepare and submit fund development pipeline reports
- Use Salesforce, Constant Contact, and other donor databases and marketing tools
Go to www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.