|Title:||Indonesia Program Manager|
WORK FOR AN AWARD-WINNING NON-PROFIT SOCIAL ENTERPRISE
Job Title: Indonesia Program Manager
Industry: Non-profit / International Development
Job Location: Jakarta, Indonesia with frequent travel to the in-country program locations (or based out of one of the in-country programs in Padang, West
Sumatra or Palu, Sulawesi)
Start Date: Immediate
Term: At-will employment
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2004, Build Change is an innovative non‐profit social enterprise whose mission is to save lives in earthquakes and hurricanes. We do that by designing disaster-resistant houses and schools; training homeowners, builders, engineers and government officials to build them; working with governments to develop and implement building standards; partnering with the private sector to improve building materials quality and create jobs; and facilitating access to incentive-based capital for reconstruction and retrofitting by partnering with financing institutions and government subsidy programs.
To learn more about us and our programs in Haiti, Indonesia, Colombia, Guatemala, Philippines, Nepal and the Caribbean, visit www.buildchange.org.
Build Change has been in Indonesia since 2005, and Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia, the Indonesian-registered arm of Build Change, was established in 2013.
YOUR NEW OPPORTUNITY
For the position of Program Manager, Yayasan Bangunan Cemerlang Indonesia (YBCI) is seeking an exceptional, driven, and experienced candidate with proven management communication skills and marketing skills. Curiosity, optimism, tenacity, and a willingness to find and implement sustainable solutions are key attributes. In addition, the successful applicant will have a proven management track record, excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, a history of building relationships with partners and clients, and demonstrated ability to articulate fundamental concepts of disaster-resistant design and concepts to non-technical persons.
This position reports to the Country Director for Indonesia, or in the absence of a Country Director, to the Director of Post-Disaster Programs of Build Change.
Program and Management Responsibilities
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, comprehensive project evaluation, recommending timelines, staffing and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Actively engage and energize YBCI board members, staff, volunteers, partnering organizations and funders in the development, support and promotion of YBCI activities.
- Develop, maintain, and support the strong and fluid communication with all director and senior level staff needed to maintain the strategic direction of YBCI operations and fund raising.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain YBCI’s team of staff.
- Ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications Responsibilities:
- Support local level revenue generating and fundraising activities, actively and eloquently promote YBCI/Build Change’s mission and programs to potential donors in order to obtain new program funding.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of YBCI/ Build Change related communications in Indonesia—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger YBCI/Build Change brand.
- Use external presence and relationships to garner other new opportunities for YBCI.
Planning & New Business Responsibilities:
- Build new partnerships, establishing relationships with the funders, and political and community leaders in Indonesia.
- Be a presence that consistently publishes and communicates program results with an emphasis on the successes of previous programs as a model for ongoing program replication in mitigation and post disaster scenarios.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Your experience includes:
- Fluent in both English and Bahasa Indonesian.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Then please visit www.buildchange.org/about/careers and select the link for this position. Applications will be accepted until filled. Qualified women and citizens of Build Change’s program countries are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.